It’s been some time since I talked about the Stash Less Challenge. It feels awkward to sign up for a challenge and then never mention it again, but despite not talking about it on this blog very much, setting the intention still helped me a lot in downsizing my stash. I donated a bunch of fabrics and sold some others, but most importantly: I became so much better at avoiding […]
It seems to be some kind of running joke in the sewing blog world to show summery garments in winter because you are way behind on your blogging. I’m no exception. My second Sorbetto top was a last-minute-make for my summer holiday in Greece, but when I returned, autumn was in full swing already, which is why this thing never made it to the blog […]
The 2015 Outfit Along is over and now I know it’s possible to knit a cardigan in two months AND make a dress in the same time. Although the dressmaking part didn’t start until two weeks before the due date. Anyway, I thought it was about time to make one of the Greatest Hits of the indie sewing pattern world. Being the only person on the internet who never made a Cambie dress, […]
It’s thursday and I’m wearing shirt number four in the week of tees. This one’s a Plantain shirt again, in the loveliest shade of blue. Funny story about this fabric: It began its life as a scarf. A super soft and beautiful circle scarf whose only faults were its length (too long to actually warm my neck) and its stretchniness (not enough to be shortened). For far too long, it’s […]
I told you in my “2015 plans” post that I wanted to approach some long-term-goals this year, one or two every month. My january goal was to learn how to knit. I wanted to do this ages ago. It seems like the perfect addition to sewing. My first project was this simple hat with ribbing on the bottom and decreasing stitches towards the top. After just five rows I felt […]
Last christmas, I got this gorgeous navy bird fabric as a gift. I immediately knew it was going to be a blouse/tunic kind of thing.
I started with Tilly’s Mathilde Blouse pattern as a base. The first muslin turned out okay, but the front neckline sat very tightly while the back neckline was gaping a little. Also, the blouse would ride up when I raised my arms. I fixed this by cutting one size bigger, adding small darts to the back neckline and letting the front neckline out a little at the shoulder seams.