Showing posts tagged Novelty Prints

Sewing, Sewn

Kokka Mini Skirt:
Another Stash Less Project

It’s been some time since I talked about the Stash Less Challenge. It feels awkward to sign up for a challenge and then never mention it again, but despite not talking about it on this blog very much, setting the intention still helped me a lot in downsizing my stash. I donated a bunch of fabrics and sold some others, but most importantly: I became so much better at avoiding […]

Sewing, Sewn
Sewn Aztec Ying Yang Bag

Sewn: Aztec Print
Ying Yang Bag

I made this bag and took these photos about a year ago. And for some weird reason I didn’t like the pictures and decided to take new ones in better light. And now, 12 months later, I realize that that was just stupid. The photos aren’t perfect, but perfectly fine and there are actually some that I really like. So in an attempt to […]

Sewing, Sewn
Summery Blue Sorbetto Top in cotton+steel rayon | naehzimmerblog.de

More seasonal inappropriate wear

It seems to be some kind of running joke in the sewing blog world to show summery garments in winter because you are way behind on your blogging. I’m no exception. My second Sorbetto top was a last-minute-make for my summer holiday in Greece, but when I returned, autumn was in full swing already, which is why this thing never made it to the blog […]

Sewing, Sewn

A quick shirt makeover

“Wardrobe orphans” is what I call garments that have been sitting in my closet unworn forever, because they don’t fit my style or none of my other clothes. My recent closet cleanout forced me to review them all one by one. This H&M shirt was thrifted back in my blonde-hair-days, but ever since I went redhead, the pale yellow stripes look strange on me. The lace details were super lovely […]

Sewing, Sewn

My new favourite blouse

Last christmas, I got this gorgeous navy bird fabric as a gift. I immediately knew it was going to be a blouse/tunic kind of thing.

I started with Tilly’s Mathilde Blouse pattern as a base. The first muslin turned out okay, but the front neckline sat very tightly while the back neckline was gaping a little. Also, the blouse would ride up when I raised my arms. I fixed this by cutting one size bigger, adding small darts to the back neckline and letting the front neckline out a little at the shoulder seams.